1. Application of Policy
This Policy is based on the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 ("PDPA") and all the associated regulations and guidelines as may from time to time be issued by the Personal Data Protection Commission ("PDPC") of Singapore.
2. Collection on Personal Data
- Your Full Name;
- Residential Address;
- Identity card number;
- Contact details, including telephone number or email address
- Employment history, education background, income levels
- Photos, films, portraits and/or video recordings of you
- Information about your use of PAP Community Foundation’s websites, including cookies, IP addresses, etc
- Any other information relating to you which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or in other forms of interaction with you.
3. Purpose of Personal Data Collected
PAP Community Foundation either currently uses or may in the future use your personal data for any purpose not prohibited by applicable law. This includes the following purposes:
- For processing any applications or requests for new services;
- For the daily operation of the services;
- For administrating or managing the relationship between PAP Community Foundation and the customer;
- For conducting identity checks;
- For revenue collection or debt recovery;
- To complying with any law or the requirements of any regulatory authority;
- To update the parent on our services;
- To respond to customer enquiries;
- To obtain feedback from customers;
- For fulfilling internal audit requirements to compile information for analysis and in reports to regulatory agencies
4. Disclosure of Personal Data
All personal data held by PAP Community Foundation will be kept confidential but PAP Community Foundation, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the data was collected provide such information to the following parties:
Personal data may also be disclosed to any person or persons that have a right under Singaporean law to gain access to such information provided they are able to prove their authority to access such information.
- Any associated branch or centres controlled by, or under common control with PAP Community Foundation;
- Any person or company who is acting for or on behalf of PAP Community Foundation, or jointly with PAP Community Foundation, in respect of the purpose or a directly related purpose for which the data was provided;
- Any financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies, credit bureau, or collection agencies necessary to establish and support the payment of any services being requested.
5. Withdrawal or Change of Consent
5.1 For direct marketing purposes
PAP Community Foundation will honor an individual's request not to use his or her personal data for the purposes of direct marketing. Any such request should clearly state details of the personal data in respect of which the request is being made. PAP Community Foundation may use any of the data collected in the normal course of its business for marketing purposes if consent was provided.
5.2 To collect, use, disclose or retain personal data
You may withdraw your consent for us to collect, use, disclose and retain personal data that we have on you. If you withdraw your consent or if your consent is not adequate, you agree that we may not be able to continue providing services to you. To withdraw your consent for us to collect, use or disclose your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com
5.3 To change or remove personal data
If you wish to access, update or otherwise change or remove any information that you provide to us, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org . If you so request, provided that the request is of a reasonable nature, we will make available, within a reasonable time between 30 and 90 working days, an account of how your Personal Data was generally used or disclosed.
6. Accuracy of Personal Data
PAP Community Foundation keeps personal data as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary, taking into account its use and the interests of our customers. Where possible, we will validate data provided using generally accepted practices and guidelines. This includes the requests to see original documentation before we may use the personal data such as with Personal Identifiers and/or proof of address.
7. Protection of Personal Data
PAP Community Foundation protects personal data against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal data, regardless of the format in which it is held.
Online security is also a priority. PAP Community Foundation incorporates security measures such as encryption and authentication tools to protect personal data from unauthorised use. Firewalls are utilised to protect our servers and network from unauthorised users accessing and tampering with files and other information that we store.
- We use various methods to safeguard personal data. They include:
- Physical measures: locked filing cabinets, restriction of access to offices, and security systems.
- Technical measures: passwords and encryption, using generally industry best practices.
- Administrative measures: confidentiality agreements, limiting access on a need-to-know basis, staff training and security clearances.
Notwithstanding the above, you acknowledge that no data transmission over the internet is completely secure and you are transmitting Personal Data over the internet at your own risk.
8. Retention of Personal Data
PAP Community Foundation will retain your personal data only for as long as the purposes for which such data is collected or used (as notified to you) continues, or where necessary for our legal or relevant business purposes. Thereafter, PAP Community Foundation will delete or destroy the personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you.
When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more "cookies." This information will assist us in improving our websites. By accessing our website, you agree that we can place cookies on your device.
10. Changes to Policy
Overview of the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA)
Overview of PDPA’s Data Protection Rules for Individuals
About Do Not Call (DNC) Registry for Individuals