Comrades, Staff of PAP & PCF HQ
| ||PCF Council Chairman - Mr Teo Chee Hean |
Happy New Year and welcome to this special lunch gathering.
With us today are comrades who have served in our Council of Management and the Executive Committee. They have retired from the committees and today, it is our privilege to thank them warmly for their unwavering support, good counsel and dedication in serving the needs of the community in our various PCF Branches island-wide.
|I would like to name them, one by one: |
- Mr Matthias Yao - Council member for 15 years from 1991 to 2006. Mr Yao was also in Ex-Co from 1991 to 2001.
- Assoc Prof Ho Peng Kee - Ex-Co member for 11 years from 1995 to 2006, and as Ex-Co Chairman for 10 of those 11 years.Prof Ho continues to serve in the Council.
- Mr Sitoh Yih Pin - Ex-Co member for 5 years from 2002 to 2006
Members who are not able to be at this gathering:
- Mr Lim Hng Kiang - Council member for 12 years from 1994 to 2006.
- Dr S Vasoo - he served on both committees, first with Ex-Co from 1995 to 2006, then joining the Council from 1999 to 2006.
- Mr Wong Kan Seng - Council member from 1993 to 2006.
- Mr Abdullah Tarmugi - Council member 1993 to 2006.
- Mr R Ravindran - Ex-Co member 1997 to 2006.
- Dr Michael Lim - Ex-Co member for 9 years, from 1997 to 2006.
Also with us today are :
| ||(Left to right - Mr Lau Ping Sum, Mr Ong Kian Min and Assoc Prof Ho Peng Kee)|
Council Member -
Ex-Co Members -
- Mr Hri Kumar who is also a new Ex-Co member
- And the new Ex-Co Chairman, Mr Gan Kim Yong, also a new Council member.
|My heartfelt thanks to all recently retired members for your service, dedication and commitment to the PCF which over the years has provided a crucial outreach to the community.|
To the new members, we look forward to your contributions and active participation in helping PCF to serve the community better.
Our Council and ExCo members help to provide guidance and direction for the programmes of the PCF, to invest our reserves wisely, and to execute and monitor the PCF's ongoing programmes.
In the coming years, the PCF will have to look at
| ||Left to right - Mr Sitoh Yih Pin and Mr Hri Kumar with PCF Exco Chairman Mr Gan Kim Yong|
new areas where it can play a role in reaching out
to residents and meeting their needs.
Our traditional area of strength, reaching out to
young children and their parents, may have to be
supplemented by other programmes for the elderly.
This is a growing group in Singapore whose needs
have to be attended to in order that Singaporeans
will live a dignified and happy life.
This will also help to maintain the social cohesion
and harmony in Singapore.
I would particularly like to thank Ho Peng Kee who has worked very hard as ExCo Chairman for ten years, and has made a very significant contribution to making the PCF what it is today. He has brought a genuine interest in improving the lives of those we help, a solid push to improve the quality of the services we provide, and a caring management style for our PCF staff.
| ||Assoc Prof Ho Peng Kee with Mr Teo Chee Hean |
Peng Kee had indicated his desire to step down a couple of years ago, but I urged him to carry on till we could develop a successor.
I am glad that Kim Yong is now ready to take over as Chairman of the ExCo, and I would like to thank Peng Kee for agreeing to stay on in the Council to continue to share his long experience of the PCF.
I thank once again all our Council and ExCo members who have served over the years, welcome the new Council and ExCo members and look forward to working with you in the coming years.