|Core Curriculum |
Integrated Play - Based Framework with a Focused Language Assistance in Reading Programme.
We are anchored on a rigorous curriculum that prepares our children not only for primary school, but one that stimulates them for lifelong learning.
We also lay a strong oral-aural foundation in English for eligible children.
New centre, starting from 2010, has an enrichment module embedded into its programme e.g art, kinestic, music, technology and science, to give the children an early start in these knowledge areas.
New centre, starting from 2010, has ergonomically redesigned classrooms and facilities layout that is kid-centric and boasts a project room layout that is thematically modeled along the multiple intelligences concept - reflecting the niche of the centre.
Toddlers (18mths to below 30 months)
Our programme caters to the basic needs of toddlers which are met through their daily routines. These are physical needs such as being fed when they are hungry; changed when they are soiled or wet; allowed to sleep when they are tired and emotional needs such as they need to be comforted when upset; to have someone to talk with and to be held and loved.
With these focus, our programme goals and objectives therefore provide opportunities for toddlers to:
- Form positive and trusting relationships
- Learn about themselves
- Learn about their feelings
- Learn about others
- Learn about communicating
- Learn about moving and doing
- Acquire thinking skills
Pre-Nursery (30 mths to below 4 years old)
Our programme is designed to develop the child's:
- Self-confidence - to promote language skills through drama, party, big storybooks, songs, music & movement
- Self-help - to promote physical development of small muscle development, hand & fingers, large muscle development balance and body coordination.
- Gross motor control - to promote and encourage imagination and creativity through art & craft activities, construction materials, Lego, wooden block, etc.
- Good habits - to promote self-awareness, listening & conversational skills and personal hygiene
Nursery (4 to below 5 years old)
At this age group, our programme focuses on:
- Language competency - to further promote language skills, oral expression through reading, drama, music & movement, singing, poetry.
- Gross & fine motor - to promote mathematical activities through construction materials, games, etc. To include vocabulary associated with size, shape, position, one -to-one correspondence, sorting physical (tangibility); to promote language and mathematical development
- Moral values - to cultivate good social, civic consciousness through teacher's role modelling, reading, drama, etc.
- Awareness of self as a social being
Kindergarten 1 & 2
- Language fluency - vocabulary stretches, story starters, rhymes, riddles, spoken communication (understanding)
- Beginners' reading & number - to promote mathematical activities through construction materials, games, etc. To include vocabulary associated with size, shape position, one-to-one correspondence, sorting and counting
- Preparation for formal schooling - upon completion of childcare educational programmes the child will have attained the following desired Outcomes of Pre-school education:
- Know what is right and what is wrong
- Be willing to share and take turns with others
- Be able to relate to others
- Be curious and able to explore
- Be able to listen and speak with understanding
- Be comfortable and happy with themselves
- Have developed physical co-ordination and healthy routine & eating habits
- Love their families, friends, teachers and school
Daily Schedule for Childcare
7.00am - 8.00am
Arrival / Free choice of play
8.00am - 9.00am
Breakfast / Experiential learning opportunities
9.00am - 12.00pm
12.00pm - 1.00pm
Lunch / Shower
1.00pm - 3.00pm
3.00pm - 3.30pm
Specialized programmes / Integrated learning experiences
5.00pm - 6.00pm
Sensory / Exploratory experiences
6.00pm - 7.00pm
Clean / Home Sweet Home
* The above schedule may vary from each centre depending to children's needs