|1. At what age can my child be admitted to a PCF kindergarten? |
Ans: You may enroll your child in the respective level according to his/her birth date. See table below.
2. When do the PCF kindergartens conduct mass registration exercise?
Ans: Our mass registration exercise takes place every year between the months of April and June. If you miss our mass registration exercise, you could contact the Centre Principal directly for vacancy and registration procedures as there may be available slots in some kindergartens.
3. How do I register in a PCF kindergarten?
Ans: You will have to contact the Centre Principal of your preferred kindergarten to check for a vacancy. If there is a vacancy, please liaise with the Centre Principal for the registration procedures and payment of fees. Examples of fees payable are registration fees, deposit, material fees and supplementary fees..
4. Can over age (more than 7 years old) Singapore Citizen student study in a PCF kindergarten?
Ans: A deferment letter is required from MOE if the over age child wishes to study in our PCF kindergarten for a year.
5. I am a foreigner. I would like to register my child in one of the PCF kindergartens. How do I go about doing it?
Ans: Any child who is not a Singaporean needs to have a valid student pass to study in Singapore. You will need to confirm a place at your preferred kindergarten. With the help of the kindergarten that you are enrolling your child in, you can apply to the Immigration Department for a student pass to enable your child to stay and study in Singapore. For application of the Student Pass, it is done online via Student's Pass Online Application and Registration (SOLAR+). For more information, you may check with the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (http://www.ica.gov.sg/). For application of Dependent Pass, you may check with the Ministry of Manpower (http://www.mom.gov.sg/).
6. Can over age foreign student study in a PCF kindergarten?
Ans: The maximum age that a foreign child can be registered for K2 is 10 years.
7. Why is there a need to pay deposit?
Ans: It is to secure a place in the kindergarten. However, if your child completes the whole academic year, the deposit is used to offset the last month's school fees.
8. How much is the kindergarten school fees?
Ans: In PCF, different kindergartens charge different school fees. You may wish to approach the kindergarten directly for enquiries on the fees.
9. Why do different kindergartens charge different school fees?
Ans: We do not have standardized school fees as our kindergartens differentiate themselves by offering a variety of programmes. For example, some kindergartens have a longer school-hour whilst some have certain enhanced programmes.
10. Why is there a need to pay June and December school fees even though there is no lesson during these months?
Ans: Students are to pay school fees for all 12 months. This is because the total costs of running a school (utilities, teachers' salaries, etc) and the corresponding school fees payable are calculated on an annual basis. The fees payable are then spread over a period of 12 months.
11. Can I use Baby Bonus to deduct school fees, books fees and supplementary fees?
Ans: Yes. You may request for the application form from the Centre Principal. Baby Bonus can also be used to pay for his/her siblings' education cost.
12. What am I suppose to do if I wish to transfer my child to another Branch?
Ans: You have to approach the new kindergarten to enquire for a vacancy. If there is a vacancy, the current kindergarten will need to be informed by writing. Usually there is a withdrawal form for you to fill up.
13. Is there any refund/transfer of deposit if I transfer to another kindergarten of a different branch?
Ans: Deposit paid is non-refundable and non-transferrable to another branch.
14. Can the deposit be transferred to another kindergarten within the same Branch?
Ans: Yes, please contact the Centre Principal for the transfer of deposit.
15. How do I withdraw my child from the kindergarten? What is the notice period to be given?
Ans: You should obtain and fill in a withdrawal form from the kindergarten and give at least a Calendar month of advanced notice to the kindergarten officially.
16. Who can I approach if I need Financial Assistance?
Ans: You can approach the Centre Principal for details on the Financial Assistance Schemes.