HQ's Special Educational Needs (SEN) team services began in 2005. The team provides interim help and support to PCF preschool centres with students presenting possible special learning needs.
The range of SEN services available include:
1. Field casework, referrals, information and supportive counselling
2. Short-term in-class coaching for PCF students, teachers, parents or caregivers
3. SEAPT Screening (Singapore English Action Picture Test). This is a screening test for expressive language of young children
4. DEST-II Screening (Dyslexia Early Screening Test - Second Edition) (DEST-II). This is a screening instrument used for early identification of K1-K2 students who may be at risk of reading difficulties
5. Initiate projects and facilitate collaboration with various government bodies, VWOs and community agencies to make early intervention and related services more accessible to PCF preschoolers