Teacher Attachment Programme (TAP) was introduced by Cluster Department in 2010 to allow our kindergarten staff to have an insight on the foreign school system operating in Singapore. Shortlisted teachers would be attached to a Foreign System School/Kindergarten (FSS) to learn from best practices without having to travel overseas. The exposure would enhance the capability and capacity of the participants so that they can be effective teachers, thereby contributing to the improvement of their respective PCF kindergartens.
The main objectives of TAP are:
- To broaden the participants' perspectives and enrich their learning experiences through exposure to Foreign System Private Schools/Kindergartens in Singapore.
- To enable our PCF teachers to understand how foreign education systems and schools function.
- To enhance the capability and capacity of the participants so that they can be effective teachers, thereby contributing to improvements of their respective PCF Education Centres.
- To network with the Foreign School System (FSS) for future collaborations
Scope of Attachment
During the attachment period, the teachers :
- observe how students are being taught in OFS Kindergarten and TTIS.
- exchange ideas and strategies with the teachers and school leaders.
- learn innovative and effective teaching approaches and strategies.
Teacher Attachment Programme (TAP) 2010
Teacher Attachment Programme (TAP) 2011