We hope you have been well? We’ve bean doing a little growing experiment with taugeh and hope you’ll try it too!
- Fill the bottom of your growing container with an even layer of beans.
- Transfer the beans to a bowl and wash the beans under tap water, making sure to remove any dust and dirt.
- Fill the bowl with water and soak the beans for at least 12 hours.
- After 12 hours, when the beans have started to sprout, transfer to the growing container.
- Spread the beans evenly at the bottom of the container. Water the beans and drain the water. Cover the container and place in a dark area and at room temperature until the next day.
- The next morning, wash the beans and drain the water. Cover and place back in the dark area. Repeat the washing and draining about 3 times a day.
- Repeat the washing and draining in Step 6 over the next 3-4 days. You will start to notice the sprouts growing longer each day.
- You should be able to harvest the sprouts within a week!
TIP: Placing a weight over the beans as they grow, will provide some resistance and helps the beans to become thicker. You can fill a Ziploc bag with water and place the water bag on top of the beans in the container.