At PAP Community Foundation (“PCF”), we respect the privacy and confidentiality of personal data in our possession or under our control. We have implemented policies and practices to safeguard the collection, use, disclosure, storage and other processing of personal data provided to us.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
We collect personal data when we perform one or several of the following services for you:
- Register your interest to enrol your child at one of our Centres
- When we submit your application to ECDA for subsidy approval
- Confirming your child’s enrolment at one of our Centres
- When referred by ECDA to contact you for student enrolment at one of our Centres
- Invoicing student fees monthly
- Administrating any student refund fees due to you
- Request us to manage any food and medication for your child
- When you or any person authorised by you to take your child home at our Centres
- Participate in any commercial or external events or programs organised for your child
- Respond to our events or campaigns
- Provide feedback to us on our quality of service or your user experience
- Visit our websites and leave behind your contact information
- Communicate with us via emails or written correspondences
- Register at any of our reception counters
- Submit your CV and job application form to us in response to our recruitment advertisements
- Receive your CV from recruitment firms or job portals, which are forwarded to or retrieved by us
Types of Personal Data that We Collect about you
The types of personal data we collect about you include:
- Child/Parents/Guardians personal details (Name, Address, NRIC No., Birth certificate, Contact No., Email Address, etc.
- Student’s preferences (Likes, Dislikes, Favourite food, Medication or Service Preference)
- Job Applicant’s personal details (Name, NRIC No. / FIN No. / Passport No., Gender, Date of Birth, Race, Citizenship, Nationality, Marital Status, Religion, Languages spoken or written, Household / Personal Income)
- Job Applicant’s educational and professional qualifications (Highest Education Level, Qualifications, Schools Attended, Academic Transcripts, Membership of Professional Bodies)
- Job applicant’s professional and work experience (Job title, Occupation, Employment history, Work experience, Curriculum Vitae)
How We Use your Personal Data
We use the personal data you provide us for one or more of the following purposes:
- Process for student registration/enrolment
- Managing food and medication administration to your child
- Process billing, payment refunds and other credit-related activities
- Process payment for services, purchases and transactions
- Conduct direct activities and joint programs with other service providers
- Enhance student experience and improve our services
- Student care and account management
- Process and administer student awards
- Communicate with students, parents, guardians, website visitors
- Notify parents/guardians about services and special events and programs
- Respond to inquiries and feedback to improve our quality of service
- Process job applications, recruitment and selection
- Monitor the movement of visitors to our physical premises
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- Comply with legal obligations and regulatory requirements
Who We Disclose Personal Data To
We disclose some of the personal data you provide us to the following parties or organisations outside PCF in order to fulfil our services to you:
- Regulatory Authorities e.g. ECDA (Early Childhood Development Agency)
- IT/Technical Support, IT Service Providers
- Banks, Payment card processing companies
- Government agencies
How We Manage the Collection, Use, Disclosure and Storage of Your Personal Data
Before we collect, use or disclose your personal data, we will notify you of the purpose why we are doing so. We will obtain written confirmation from you on your expressed consent. We will not collect more personal data than is necessary for the stated purpose.
Under certain circumstances, we may assume deemed consent from you when you voluntarily provide your personal data for the stated purpose for e.g. when you register your child with us using our enrolment forms or apply for a job with us using our job application forms.
Under certain circumstances, we may collect, use and/or disclose personal data about you without your consent for example, so that we can comply with our statutory obligations or where personal data is publicly available.
How You Can Limit Processing of Personal Data
Withdraw of Consent
If you have given us consent to collect, use, disclose and otherwise process personal data about you, you may withdraw that consent at any time. You should give us reasonable advance notice of your withdrawal of consent. We will notify you of the likely consequences of your withdrawal of consent.
Your request for withdrawal of consent can take the form of an email or letter to us, or through the “UNSUBSCRIBE” feature in an online service where applicable.
Accessing and Making Correction to Personal Data About You
You may ask us in writing to tell you what personal data we hold about you and how we have, or may have, used or disclosed it within a year before the date of your request. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible and, in any event, we will respond to you within 30 days after receiving your request. We may charge a fee for processing your request, but we will let you know the amount of the fee before you incur it.
You may also ask us to correct an error or omission in the personal data we hold about you. Unless we are satisfied on reasonable grounds that a correction should not be made, we will correct the personal data as soon as practicable.
When you make any such request, we may need to verify your identity – for example, by checking your identity card number or other legal identification document.
Accuracy of Your Personal Data
We will take reasonable precautions and make reasonable verification checks to ensure that the personal data we hold is reasonably accurate, complete and up-to-date.
From time to time, we may do a verification exercise for you to update us on any changes to the personal data we hold about you. If we are in an ongoing relationship with you, it is important that you update us if there are any changes in the personal data we hold about you (such as a change in your home address).
Protection of Personal Data
We an Information Security Policy that governs how we protect personal data. We make reasonable security arrangements to protect personal data about you that is in our possession or under our control to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks.
All our employees will take reasonable and appropriate measures to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of your personal data, and will only share your data with authorised persons on a ‘need to know’ basis.
Entities that provide services to us to process personal data on our behalf will be bound by contracts with us that that require them to provide sufficient guarantees in respect of the technical and organisational security measures governing the processing to be carried out and to take reasonable steps ensure compliance with those measures.
Retention of Personal Data
We will not retain any documents containing personal data about you as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for which we collected that personal data is no longer being served by retention of it and retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
We have a Document Retention Policy that spells out when we must cease to retain personal data and that requires documents and personal data to be destroyed (paper documents) or deleted (electronic documents and data stored in databases) securely.
Certain retention periods are based on statutory or regulatory requirements.
Compliance With Laws
Where required to do so by law, we will disclose personal data about you to the relevant authorities or to law enforcement agencies.
Links To Other Sites
Our website may contain links to other websites that are not operated by us. If you click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website.
Changes To This Data Protection Policy
We may update our Data Protection Policy from time to time. Please revisit this page periodically for any changes. Changes to this Policy are effective when they are posted on this page.
If you have any questions about our collection, use, and/or disclosure of personal data about you; feedback regarding this Policy, or any complaint you have relating to how we collect, use, disclose and store personal data about you, you may contact our Data Protection Officer(s) at email@example.com.
Any query or complaint should include, at least, the following details:
- Your full name and contact information
- A brief description of your query or complaint