Let’s go bananas!!! Check out our awesome banana cake recipe below. Definitely a healthy and delicious snack that will please your kitchen raiders!
Serves: 4 servings
- 60g butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 mashed bananas (ripened)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 2 cups wholemeal flour (super fine)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Lay baking paper in a 7-inch cake pan and spray with olive oil.
- Cream butter and sugar together till it forms a smooth paste.
- Add in eggs, bananas and milk and continue to mix till well mixed.
- Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder together.
- Fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, continue to fold till well mixed.
- Pour mixture into cake pan and bake at middle rack.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Slightly open oven door to allow cake to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the oven.
- Serve banana cake with a glass of milk for that additional calcium boost!
Do you know? Bananas are an excellent source of fibre, vitamin B and potassium – which helps to move our bowels and regulate our heartbeat. Use wholemeal flour instead of plain flour for baking as it is higher in nutrients and fibre!